Friday, August 06, 2004

twin blogs

Now I have a seperate log on my home page at http://www.hackswell.com/corenth/.

This new log is a mirrow of this one- except that it is sanitized for those who
know me personally- well, mostely family. in case i want to really rant here, i won't there. :)

the other site may become more and more my
main
site, but who knows..

now, on to copying my most recent posts:::

6th August 2004
10:00 AM

A big woohoo is in order :)
Well, maybe a small one at least. Locked down my sorting files for my general index.

open OUT, "> $s_file";
flock(OUT,LOCK_EX);
print OUT $i; #new position in index
$index->[$i] = $sort_vals{$sort}; # page directory
$i++;
flock(OUT,LOCK_UN);
close OUT;



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5th August 2004
The new home page system is now up and running- not fully functional yet :)
I have to write code to allow easier traversal of pages. I am thinking about using this for the other pages on this site- it may be easier to work with the Photopage if i rewrite it with this code. It uses the URI data to pass parametres around. however, since i use URI data to go to different pages in the first place, it's taken me a little time to decide how to make this work. well, it works... when i get around to it, i'll post some code.
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home