Saturday, May 29, 2004

Study today, play someday.

Today has been good. My wife is now taking an online Cisco test for her class. I'm writing for the audience (you- who?). We were at a local university for some quiet studytime earlier today. I got to refine my WEB::Willy module and related server. It all works like a charm.

It's seperated into three parts:

    Shape

      tables and colour and all that

    Stuff

      a bunch of files (mostly) to fill it all in

    Linker/Controller

      puts the right Stuff in the right Shape



The thing that made it easier for me to do this is the '?' notation... in a url like
< a href="http://mypage.foo.cl?faq"> FAQ</a> the '?faq' part can be used by the server to let it make decisions.

So, there you have it... when I have more patience I'll try a better description of it all.



Yesterday was a good day as I went with my wife to run around a bit. You see, while in the car, we heard some wonderful news: Augusto Pinochet, the son of a bitch (I sincerely apologize to his mother for saying that), may lose his immunity from prosecution. An apellet court in Chile ruled on the point. Now, this is not yet over- not only must there be a trial, but this ruling will be vigourously apealed. Whatever the case, there is hope.

Pinochet is the asshole who wreaked havoc on my wife's country for 17 years, helped along by both corporate and U.S. government interests.

It's a pleasent thing to see a little justice in the world; or at least hope for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home