Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Duck Duck Goose.

Today my wife and I were out walking in a park near our
apartment. We enjoyed watching some mallard families enjoying the evening sun and nibbling on whatever it is they nibble. It was a good evening and a good walk.

However, we witnessed something pretty horrible. Two seemingly stereotypical suburbanites (husband and wife maybe?) were walking there small white dog (shaggy haired fellow) accross a street (not a busy one- it's within the park I think) from us. We came upon them first noticing the dog. It was chasing a couple of mallard ducks; a female and a male. We came to realize that the suburbanite couple was encouraging the dog to give chase.

I later commented to my wife that I'd have expected that behaviour from children or teenagers, not older folk. This couple looked to be in their fifties.

Now, while this was going on, we were in a bit of a state of shock seeing this, and were very worried when we saw the female mallard start limping in the street. We quickly realized that she was only playing at being wounded to entice the dog away from what turned out to be her brood of chicks.

That was unbelievable; impossible for me to understand how anyone could be so cruel. I think that I would like to have yelled at the assholes (I apologize for me language). My wife thought a good hard kick to the dog would be apropiate, but I think the owners are the ones with the intellegence to make a moral choice like that, so they are the ones to be kicked.

Well, my wife tells me that she 'hates' them (small dogs)- she has her prejudices I suppose *grin*. I don't blame her!!!!





My wife and I are typing away at this stuff, downloading the latest release of the Mozilla browser and making new blog stuff- she just told me that she's changing the title of her weblog to "Groundhog Day" - which makes sense because she often will liken her current situation to the repititious life of Bill Murry's character in the film "Groundhog Day". If you read her blog, you will note a certain lack of satisfaction in the "Suburban Midwestern Lifestyle(TM)". I make an understatement.

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home