Thursday, May 13, 2004

class

Tonight I will be studying on my own while
my wife will be in class dealing with CISCO routers.

While her work is organized and directed in class, mine is personal; a kind of educational itch.

Last night, she showed me a blog my a programmer (will have to see if i can find it again). The title of that particular post was something like Self Evaluation or
some such. In it, this person discusses his (her?) layoff this past year and talks about deciding whether or not coding is the way to go- does he like it enough? Is it what he
really wants to do with his life? etc.....

I wish i cold find that blog..... *sigh*.

Any way, where am I going with this? I guess I’m getting at myself going through what
might be a similar process, although a bit backwords.

A few months ago, I wrote a coupl of programs to help get information from one place to another. In helping other people to get their work done, I found myself really trying hard to make something worth while. I started paying attention to real software developement. Now all the code I wrote doesn't amount to more than a hundred lines, but who cares? I was (am) hooked! All I want to do is code (that's an exaggeration of sorts). All I need is an "itch". Doing something for someone
is a fantasticway to get that "itch" and dig into a problem in order to solve it.

It’s going to be three o'cklock soon, so I’ll have to go back to work.

This will be continued.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home